Pumpkin Ideas for Halloween
Halloween is just around the corner. This means that it's high time to start thinking about decorations and pumpkin Halloween ideas that will make your house stand out from the crowd. Which option to choose and how to create outstanding DIY designs?
Pumpkin craving — an ideal plan for cosy autumn evenings
If you want to put your creativity to the test, you should try some DIY Halloween designs. Pumpkin craving is an unforgettable activity that will undoubtedly unite your entire family and allow you to create personalised decorations. Moreover, spending a few hours adorning your house and creating impressive patterns is a great way to get into the Halloween spirit and prepare for the upcoming festive season.
There are no limits when it comes to pumpkin craving ideas. You can try to cut out frightening witches, scary faces or zombies. However, it's also possible to go for more subtle solutions, meaning faux flowers or candy corns.
One can be stated for sure, creative pumpkin Halloween ideas will make your house stand out from the crowd and will effectively decorate your patio, garden, front porch, or even a dinner table.
Pumpkin and Halloween — what are the origins of the craving tradition?
Wondering why do we crave pumpkins? Well, it turns out that the tradition dates back to an Irish myth telling about a mysterious Stingy Jack who decided to trick the devil to earn some money. As you may expect, once Jack died, he wasn't allowed into heaven. As a consequence, he had to stray on earth forever, and Irish people began to carve scary faces to deter the wandering soul of Stingy Jack and to protect their homes.
Interestingly, at first those faces were cut out of turnips and only then, when the Irish emigrants arrived to USA, they started carving pumpkins because these vegetables were popular in the region.
How to bring pumpkin Halloween ideas to life?
Now, when you know the origins of the pumpkin craving tradition, it’s time to take a closer look at various methods that will help you create memorable designs.
However, before you move on to creating unique pumpkin decorations, prepare:
- a nice, impressive pumpkin,
- a damp cloth,
- a pencil,
- a paring knife,
- an ice cream scoop.
Of course, you may also benefit from objects such as cookie cutters, stencils, or even drills.
Halloween designs — pumpkin decorations that will steal your heart!
If you have unique Halloween pumpkin ideas, and you want to create special decorations, follow these instructions:
1. It’s crucial to ensure that your pumpkin is suitable for the pattern and design you plan to carve. For example, if you wish to create a scary face with a lot of cut-outs, go for bigger pumpkins.
2. Clean the vegetable with the damp cloth. Once this is done, use the pencil to draw patterns you want to cut out. It might be everything — smiley faces, scary witches or cute hearts. Your imagination is the only limit here.
3. Next, cut along the lines with the paring knife (start with the lid and the bottom). Then, scoop out all the seeds and strings. Make sure that your pumpkin “wall” is relatively thin.
4. Finally, let the pumpkin dry out and put lights or candles inside it. Voilà! Your dream Halloween pumpkin is ready.
Although Halloween craving is a pretty enjoyable activity, we realise that not everybody has time to do it. Therefore, in our offer, you can find a wide range of cute pumpkin arrangements that will definitely appeal to all tastes.